Hello from Mrs. Lyons’ and Mrs. Chandler’s third grade classes!
Mrs. Lyons Scholastic Book order Due April 28th. Last One! Use online code: LL2TW for easy checkout.
What’s Coming Up:
4/25 -- LIBRARY DAY
4/25 -- Sk8 Town Night
4/28 -- Spelling Test
5/8 -- Math STAAR
5/9 -- Reading STAAR
5/15 -- End of Year Social Studies Benchmark
READING: Antonyms and synonyms practice
Online Turtle Diary Practice:
Quizizz -- Due Date 4/30
Codes from last week: 309083, 056098, 404498
WORD STUDY: Antonym (10 words) Know the spelling, meaning is the opposite, and practice cursive.
quick, slow, quiet, loud, simple, difficult, accept, refuse, beautiful, ugly
Quizizz.com: Synonym/Antonym Review
2. Enter the 6-digit game code 590490 , and click "Proceed"
3. Now enter your name and click "Join Game!"
4. You will get an avatar, and then see a "Start Game" button. Click it to begin!
Homework: Countdown to Staar. Unit 4: Spend, Save, Spend, Donate
PARENTS: PLEASE DO THE MATCHING PORTION OF THE HOMEWORK TOGETHER. It is a fun way to work together and reminisce about the marketing slogans companies use for their products.
WRITING: Writing about budgets and how to earn, save, and spend money.
SOCIAL STUDIES: Economics: Vocab words to know: credit, savings, interest, loan, credit card, bank, deposit, barter, budget.
How do people earn, spend, save, and donate money? How does a simple budget allocate money for spending, saving, and donating?
How does a simple business operate?
How do the costs of production and selling prices affect profits?
2. Enter the 6-digit game code 962393
-Mixed multiplication facts
-Review for STAAR (STAAR Math Test on May 8th)
survive, plant, structures, functions, organism, inherited characteristics, leaves, stems, root systems, flower
Explore how structures and functions of plants [ex. seed dispersal, shade vs. full sun hearty, root systems, shape of leaf] allow them to survive in a particular environment [in grasslands and aquatic environments. Compare different plants/parts from different environments.]
Explore that some characteristics of organisms are inherited such as flower color [leaf shape, seed shape, coloration, fruit]. [Grasslands (Bluebonnets, Indian Paintbrushes, Goldenrod, Gaillardia), and aquatic environments (cattails, hydrilla, sea weed).]
- Different structures help plants meet their basic needs of water, nutrients, air, and sunlight
- Roots secure a plant and absorb water and nutrients from the soil, stems of plants carry water to other parts of the plant, and leaves absorb and use sunlight for energy.
- Physical characteristics of plants can help them survive in different environments.
Math Homework: Homework Packet (Countdown to STAAR Week 5-3) due Friday 4/28/17.